Sharpen your skills, deepen systemic thinking, exchange ideas and present your complex cases. Weekly video-conference, Wednesday eves
Join a diverse group of clinicians seeking to enhance understanding of and approaches to family therapy with families experiencing significant psychopathology in their midst. Didactic, experiential, case material driven sessions with carefully chosen readings in a lively interactive discussion format. Learn to more effectively engage difficult families and reduce the disabling effects of intense counter-transference. Hosted by Dr. Kenneth Perlmutter.
- Design approaches to effectively engage parents, grandparents, siblings, offspring and SOs
- Identify disabling and empowering elements of wounded or dysfunctional family systems
- Describe the effects of epigenetically transmitted response styles in individuals and systems
- Incorporate cross-cultural and intergenerational factors into well-formed treatment plans
- Name the unique aspects of working with families experiencing the topic focus of the module (e.g., addiction, trauma, suicide, psychosis)
- Practice methods to manage difficult, resistant or hostile family members
- Present family case material in a way that maximizes understanding and application of theory
- Harness counter-transference reactions to eliminate their interference with successful therapy
Each module includes eight 75-minute (one hour, 15 minutes) weekly video conferences comprising didactic, experiential, readings and case material. Interactive group format with case material presented by group members.
Typical 8-Week Module:
Family Systems overview and theoretical considerations including readings
Specialized clinical focus of current module (see schedule) including experiential
Case presentations including counter-transference management strategies
Sept 9 – Oct 28
Family System Treatment Approaches with Substance Abuse & Addiction in the System (including Process Addictions and Screen Dependency)
Nov 11 – Jan 20
Family System Treatment Approaches with Anxiety, Depression, Mood Disorders and Suicide in the System
(no mtgs 11/25, 12/23 or 30
Feb 3 – Mar 24
Family System Treatment Approaches with Trauma and Personality including PTSD and Cluster B Personality Disorders in the System
Mar 31- May 19
Family System Treatment Approaches with Thought Disorder, Psychosis and Schizophrenia-related Conditions in the System
Wednesday evenings 4:45-6:00 pm Pacific Time
Tuition: $350 per clinician per 8-week module. Includes 10.0 CEs*
Purchase your spot in the conference using the PayPal button below.
Discounted rate for interns or groups of 4 or more. Contact us here or call 415-322-0939 to learn more.
*80% minimum attendance required
PLEASE NOTE: There are two psychologists in Northern California named Kenneth Perlmutter. I practice in San Rafael at the Family Recovery Institute and specialize in individual and family psychotherapy and education.